The rotary gear limit switch is suitable for use on reversing drives such as Hoists, winches, rolling mills, and various other mechanisms used in steel plants such as coke ovens, feeding machinery, etc. A two(or more) contact elements are operated by respective rotating cams, suitably adjusted on a camshaft that rotates with a fixed speed ratio of the drive motor shaft. The cams can be steplessly positioned so that they trip motor supply and stop the motion at the set point of travel. The Rotary geared limit switch with IP-44 / IP-54 degree of protection is available in desired NO/NC contact combinations and specified gear ratios.
Salient features :
- Body material – Aluminium / CI casting.
- The enclosure is of IP-44 / IP-55 degree of protection.
- The mounting position is Vertical.
- The cable entry is of ¾” conduit.
- Common Gear ratios are 48:1 & 60:1
- Drive is of worm type.
- The rated voltage is 500 V.
- The thermal test current is 10 Amps.
- No. of contacts is 2 / 3 / 4
- The contact material is silver cadmium.
- All Material Handling and Lifting Equipments
- Hoisting: electric wire rope Hoists and Crabs
- Cross travel and Long travel: EOT / Gantry / Goliath / Derrick Cranes
- Winches and Conveyors
- Rolling mills
- Sugar, Mining, Cement, Textile industries to name a few.
- Brake motors.